Backlink Audit Overview report gives you all of the information on your backlink audit right on one screen. This lets you analyze your data without having to go through multiple tabs and reports.
As you can immediately see on the Overview screen you’ll be able to get a quick shot summary of all of the important information regarding your domain. The first charts you’ll see are the overall toxicity score of your domain and the referring domains and analyzed backlinks.
As you scroll down the page, you will see even more metrics to analyze.
- Backlinks to Review - This is your total list of backlinks you are auditing. As you evaluate them and send toxic links to your removal and disavow lists, they will go into the corresponding categories here.
- Backlink Removal Requests - Here you can see the progress of your outreach efforts as you ask for webmasters to remove your links.
- Items to Disavow - This widget shows the progress of your disavow efforts after you export your list and upload it to the Google Disavow tool. When you hit the “confirm” button in the tool to confirm the link was disavowed, our system will recalculate the overall Toxicity Score.
- Domains by Toxicity Score - We judge potentially toxic domains through a list of toxic markers, and here you can follow your website’s trend of links that are clean or have toxic potential.
- Top Referring Domain Categories - Check the most common category of domains that links to your website. If you see a link coming from a low authority site that doesn’t match the niche of your domain, it could be a bad backlink.
- Referring Domains by Authority Score - High authority score will help you identify websites that are definitely good backlinks and evaluate how many of your links are coming from weak domains that have moderate or no SEO effect.
- Backlinks by Anchor Type - The type of anchor text can play a part in determining if a link is potentially manipulative. Money and compound anchor texts (especially if they are overused in a profile) have more potential to be toxic since they involve target keywords, a common trait in spammy links.
- Top 100 Anchors - Scroll through your site’s list of top anchors seen by Semrush and flip through the categories to quickly identify any trace of a past spammy link campaign with manipulated anchor text.
- Top Target Pages - These are the best pages on your site in terms of referring domains and backlinks. If you hit the Target URLs with error checkbox, you can see a quick preview of your top pages that have error codes like 404.
- Link Attribute - Of course, “follow” links are the only ones carrying SEO value in terms of ranking factors. This widget helps you keep an eye on your overall ratio of link attributes.
- Link Type - This tells you what kind of links are most prevalent in your profile.
- Text links are simply hyperlinks within text. These are the most common forms of links on the internet.
- Image links are simply images that have hyperlinks embedded in them.
- Frame links are hyperlinks embedded in HTML frames, which are dividers in your browser window that separate areas of HTML. These types of links are not as common as text or image links.
- Form links are hyperlinks sent via a search bar or another element that users can modify by entering text.