SEMrush's Site Audit is a powerful website crawler that allows you to analyze the health of a website. It will provide you with a list of issues that makes it easy to see where exactly a website is struggling. Fixing these issues will help boost the SEO of a website.
- Over 120 on-page and technical SEO checks from surface-level issues like duplicate content and broken links, to in-depth analysis of AMPs, HTTPS implementation, correct usage of the hreflang attribute, crawlability and indexability
- Flexible settings - domain, subdomain or subfolder crawling. Ability to include/exclude specific pages and audit the desktop or mobile version of a site
- On-demand crawling & scheduled auto re-crawls on a daily or weekly basis
- High-speed crawler that will process all your pages in minutes, not hours
- Awesome UI - big-picture reports with an ocean of data.
Domains come in all shapes and sizes, so finding the biggest needs for a website will be a different story for everybody. But no matter what type of site you have, it's important to keep organized and maintain good health, especially for SEO.
Site Audit has over 120 checks for SEO issues, ranging from surface level issues like duplicate content and broken links to technical issues like HTTPS implementation and the hreflang attribute on an international website. The tool has the ability to crawl either the desktop or mobile version of a website and check up to 20,000 pages per audit (100,000 pages for Business subscriptions), so it can be used for anything from a portfolio website to SMB sites, to enterprise businesses and agencies.
When you want to delete a specific tool, you will have to delete the whole project. This will remove all of the other campaigns set up in the Project.
So let’s say you want to delete a Site Audit campaign. When you delete the Project you will also be deleting the Position Tracking campaign, Social Media Tracker, Link Building or any other tools that are also in that project.
Projects cannot be recovered once they are deleted so it's important to be careful when deleting a project. Only delete a project if you are 100 percent sure because all of your data will be gone forever.
Number of Pages to Crawl
Depending on the level of your account, you will be limited to crawl a certain number of pages per month.
- Free: 100 pages per month
- Pro: 100,000 pages per month
- Guru: 300,000 pages per month
- Business: 1,000,000 pages per month
Any leftover pages from your crawl budget do not roll over month to month, but your limits reset on the 1st day of every month.
AMP checks (and the option to crawl AMP-pages first) become available at the Business level subscription only.
Business subscribers can audit up to 100,000 pages in a single audit.
0:00 - Webinar begins
7:28 - Start of introduction to the site auditing tool.
10:50 - Statistics Tab
12:20 - Errors Warnings & Notices Explained
14:00 - Thematic Reports
16:40 - Site Performance
20:22 - Dawn Anderson’s Input Begins
24:10 - Some of the problems Dawn regularly comes across.
26:05 - Most common issue on notices
27:50 - Mixed Content Issues
31:00 - Use trello boards to delegate tasks
38:45 - Start of Questions & Answers
39:10 - What is a realistic site audit score?
50:40 - If many other factors are well scored, do I need to worry about things like duplicate meta descriptions?
54:51 - Which other tools are good to use for site auditing?
What about markup for local businesses?